Monday, March 22, 2010

Leaving things undone

So I posted some sappy song lyrics because I was, quite frankly, feeling sappy. A bit down. A bit sorry for the state of the world. A bit sorry for myself in trying to figure out how I fit into it, and how life doesn't always seem to run smoothly or without conflict.

Not to say I've experienced more conflict than usual. Just that I'm feeling more and more conflicted. Ha. Silly.

I am well into my third month at the new job and things are starting to come together and be seen in a new light. There have been 4 graduation ceremonies I have witnessed - an astounding amount for such a short period of time - and I have already lost a connection to one of the graduates I adored. This is not necessarily a good thing and I am left to speculate.

I'm fairly certain there will be many ups and downs and maintaining myself during these times will be the most important. I can understand skepticism on a much deeper level now. That's not something I'm really celebrating.

On another level I am enoying my workouts more and more. I feel stronger at each one. This weekend I did a Saturday spin with Sarah and we ran for 20 minutes afterwards. The sun was shining and we could feel its warmth. We followed it up with a run on Sunday at Chickakoo. I love working out with Sarah because there is just a fun ease around her. I can't wait to see how she does this year at her events... I have a feeling she's going to blow her expectations away :)

I waffle about what I want for the season. I have jammed it full again by taking on a 50km run. I am aiming for 'to complete' and 'to enjoy' which really is the way every event should be undertaken. I am a bit haunted by trying to go under 6 hours at Great White North and I need to work on letting go of numbers... which most certainly do not define me, or even you, but they do motivate. I may also put up a photo a la Simon Whitfield for motivation. I have absolutely found my joy for running again this year and it has taken me by surprise. I want to run. I want to run every day. It feels so f'in good!!

Anyway, I guess this is just to say I feel like an untied pair of shoelaces lately. Trip or stop to tie them. I haven't done either.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love working out with you, too! I love the way you think and I learn a lot from your outlook on things.

This is a great blog post, full of food for thought.