Monday, April 05, 2010

on turning 33


33
Hey that's not such a bad number. I spent the weekend in Jasper with work and brought along my oldest son. I ran on the highway there. I had cupcakes courtesy of my coworkers and spent the day shopping in junky souvenir stores. I sort of enjoy birthdays now, they seem special. Like each chance you have to celebrate you are still alive should be taken! I came home to a clean house and more cake... very nice!

Yesterday while driving home from a visit with my inlaws in the hot hot sun, singing as loud as I could to the radio (sorry John), I started to ponder if I should give up triathlons this year and just keep running. Maybe even use the extra time to take guitar and voice lessons? Somehow I feel like I should be branching out more. As though there's even more I can do that I haven't discovered yet.

I also had time to think of how important it is to put your mind to something and stick with it. Not to become scared or to listen to naysayers. This lesson has presented itself to me repeatedly and obviously it is my lesson to keep learning. I can actually do what I put my mind to. I can gravitate towards a full life and have it. I can be whatever I want to be: my only limits are self-imposed.

Happy training everyone :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! You are so beautiful! :D

Sarah said...

33, gorgeous, accomplished, talented, kind. I hope this is a great year for you and that you get just what you want out of it.

Amber Dawn said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad to hear it is a good number, it will be mine too in August :)
Your hair looks FAB by the way!
And I am pumped to see you at Blackfoot...although it is approaching awfully fast...yikes!